- Stop shaving or waxing
- Although often impractical, if one can stop shaving, the problem will often improve significantly
- Topical antibiotic solutions, creams, and alpha hydroxy acid creams can be helpful
- Shaving in the direction that the hair is growing on the face will help
- This results in a less close shave
- The only long-term solution for this condition is is Diode Laser Hair Removal
Which aesthetic products and procedures can be used to treat and improve pseudofolliculitis barbae and ingrown hairs?
- Laser Hair Removal
- Is effective for both ingrown hairs and normal hairs
- All skin colours can be treated
- Almost any area can be treated including
- Arms and Legs
- Chest and Back
- To learn more about Laser Hair Removal, please click here
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- A referral from your doctor is required to see Dr. Vignjevic for prescription medication to treat pseudofolliculitis barbae
- If you wish you speak to one of our aestheticians regarding the procedures above, including laser hair removal, a referral is not necessary
- You can phone the aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
Would you like to see a Video Demonstration?
- I am pleased to offer a new section on the website with video demonstrations of various procedures
- To watch a video-clip in which Dr. V talks about: