Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas
What is DermalInfusion?
- DermalInfusion is a gentle, effective, non-invasive form of skin resurfacing
- It can be used safely on all skin types with no down-time or discomfort
- DermalInfusion is a unique, modern form of exfoliation which simultaneously delvers specifically chosen solutions for various skin conditions
- Its patented handpiece exfoliates the skin evenly with a diamond tip, while delivering a flow of a medicated solution deep into the skin
- DermalInfusion leaves the skin softer, smoother and brighter and address a variety of skin conditions such as:
- Sun Damage
- Abnormal pigmentation
- Devitalized skin
- Congested skin
Who can benefit from DermalInfusion?
- Everyone – men and women of any skin type or colour
- Skin that is:
- Sun damaged
- Can be rejuvenated and refreshed
- Blotchiness, uneven skin tones and texture will also be improved
- Even normal skin can be made to look fresher with a warm glow
What areas can be treated?
- The most common areas that are treated are the face and neck
- In addition we can treat the:
- Any body area can be treated
Why does the skin benefit from DermalInfusion?
- Approximately every 28 days we create a new layer of skin
- As new cells form they push their way to the surface and then dead cells settle on the surface
- This can cause enlarged pores, clogged pores, a bumpy uneven texture, and a dull appearance
- As we age this process slows down leading to the appearance of older skin with less radiance
- The addition of medicated topical solutions with Dermalinfusion’s exfoliating action gives the skin the added benefit of a customized treatment which is infused into the skin, as dead cells are being removed.
- This results in the medicated products penetrating more deeply, delivering peptides, antioxidants, exfoliants and other beneficial ingredients into the skin
How does DermalInfusion work?
- A gentle exfoliation is performed with a diamond tipped handpiece
- The tip passes over the skin’s surface, and creates a gentle vacuum
- The tip gently exfoliates approximately 20-25 microns of dead skin cells of the outermost layer (stratum corneum)
- At the same time the uppermost layers of skin are infused with a solution specifically chosen for your skin type or any concerns that you may have.
- DermaInfusion can be done with four different solutions
- Salicylic Acid for:
- Oily, Acne-Prone Skin
- Hyaluronic Acid for:
- Dry and Dehydrated, aging skin
- Lumixyl for:
- Uneven skin tone and abnormal pigmentation
- Vitamin C for:
- Sun damaged skin
- Salicylic Acid for:
How many treatments do you need?
- This treatment is meant to be progressive not aggressive
- Results are typically immediate and even after one session the skin may appear soft, smooth and refreshed.
- Usually treatments are performed every two to four weeks
- A typical course of treatment is a series of six Dermalinfusion sessions
- Maintenance treatments are suggested once every four to eight weeks but treatment plans are always customized to your individual needs and concerns
How long does it take?
The actual treatment usually takes 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the body area
What are the side effects?
- One may experience a slight tingling, and afterward the skin may feel tighter, as if exposed to the wind or sun
- There is minimal discomfort during the procedure and virtually no down time
- The skin may appear slightly flushed and this generally fades in 12-24 hours
- It is possible to develop an allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) to the medicated serums, but this is uncommon
- If you suffer with cold sores, you should be cold sore free prior to a treatment to avoid the risk of them spreading
- You need to discuss with the technician if you have any of these conditions: rosacea, dermatitis, skin cancers, easy bruising, Hepatitis C, AIDS, or are on blood thinners or Isotretinoin
- If you are taking Isotretinoin, you must wait at least three months after your last dose to have a treatment.
- If you use Retin A products, Glycolic acid products, facial scrubs or any skin care products that irritate the skin you should stop them for at least 2-3 days before and do not restart until 2-3 days after a treatment
- Even though there is no danger if you are pregnant, we do not treat pregnant women or mothers who are nursing.
- Protect for skin from the sun after a treatment with sunscreen
- If you are planning on having injections for wrinkles the same day as your Silkpeel, the injections must be done AFTER your Silkpeel.
- For One week before and after your treatment please stop using the following treatments and products:
- Electrolysis, waxing, depilatories, masks, other Glycolic or Lactic Treatments or Dermabrasion
- Tretinoin (Vitamin A Acid creams) and Glycolic Acids
- Loofa or other types of sponges
- Be sure to inform your doctor of:
- History of sensitive skin, eczema, lupus or other autoimmune disease
- Current medications
- History of sun sensitivity
- If you are planning to have Injections for wrinkles, or laser hair removal, it is recommended to have those 24 hours apart from a Microdermabrasion
What is the greatest advantage of DermalInfusion?
- Probably the single biggest advantage that microdermabrasion has over alternative skin treatments is that a microdermabrasion patient can return to normal daily activities after receiving the treatment
- Many other skin treatments used for the same skin conditions involve post-treatment swelling and require days off work
- This makes microdermabrasion an ideal treatment for people wanting improved skin without disrupting their daily life over it
What happens during a DermalInfusion treatment?
- At your first visit a DermalInfusion technician will provide a free consultation
- During the consultation she will discuss the benefits of DermalInfusion, explain the procedure and benefits to you and answer any questions that you may have
- Furthermore she will explain how the procedure works and how many treatments you will need, and provide you with a price quote
- She will also ask you a series of questions to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure and to determine your skin type and sensitivity
- After your FREE consultation the technician will call in Dr. Vignjevic
- He will assess your skin type and whether DermalInfusion would be suitable for you
- In addition, he will answer any further questions that you may have
- You cannot be treated by the technician unless you are assessed by Dr. Vignjevic first
- If you decide to go ahead with a treatment, photographs will be taken of the treatment area
- These photographs are strictly for your chart and will not be released or used without your permission
- Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us
- The technician will cleanse your face making sure that all makeup is properly removed prior to your treatment
- It is not necessary to remove mascara, lip stick or lip liner
- The technician will place a surgical cap over your hair and ears
- You will lie down on your back on a treatment bed
- The technician will place a fresh, sterilized tip onto the handpiece of the microdermabrasion machine
- The machine is then turned on and its setting will be adjusted for your skin type
- The technician moves the small sterilized hand piece over your skin in short sweeping motions
- This is done in up to 4 directions on each part of the face
- Extra treatment may be done to stubborn areas
- You may feel a gentle suction on your skin and a slight gritty feeling as the rough tip removes a thin layer of dead skin cells
- There is no bleeding, pain, needles or cutting with this procedure
- After the microdermabrasion is completed, the technician uses a soft, damp cloth to remove any residual skin cells
- Finally, sunscreen is applied, and the treatment is complete
- You will be provided with a booklet of after-care instructions and the technician will recommend specific products to take care of your skin after the treatment
Other Important Points for the first 3 days:
- You may apply makeup 3 to 4 hours after your treatment
- Avoid abrasive sponges for 1 week after your treatment
- Avoid sun exposure
- DO NOT pick, peel, scrape, scratch or wax your skin
- If your skin is dry use moisturizer as many times a day as you like
- If you develop a cold sore, let Dr. Vignjevic know this immediately as it could spread into the area of the treatment
- It is very important NOT to EXERCISE for 24 hours after a treatment
- Perspiration will produce a stinging sensation on newly treated skin which can take several hours to dissipate
Which aesthetic products or procedures can be combined with DermalInfusion?
- Eye Lash Enhancing Treatments, Chemical Peels, Injections for Wrinkles and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Fotofacials) can be successfully combined with microdermabrasion
- Eye Lash Enhancing Treatments which help your own lashes to grow:
- To learn more about Eye Lash Enhancing treatments, please click here
- Chemical Peels (Lactic and Lactic with Retinoic Boost) help to:
- Unclog pores
- Improve skin tone
- Remove devitalized and dead skin cell
- Give the skin a fresh glow
- To learn more about Chemical Peels, please click here
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Fotofacial, Photofacial) treats:
- Broken blood vessels
- Background red skin tones
- Brown freckling
- Shrinks pores
- Improves sun damage
- Increases collagen in the skin
- All of these lead to smoother, younger looking skin and reduced redness at the same time
- To learn more about IPL(Intense Pulsed Light Fotofacials), please click here
- Injections for Wrinkles treat and improve:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Bunny Lines (on the nose)
- Smoker’s lines
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- No, a referral is not necessary
- You can phone the office directly to set up a free consultation with one of our staff members
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
What if you are interested to learn more?
- If you would like to learn more:
- E-Mail Us
- Or give us a call at 905-549-1025