- Traditional forms of hair removal that have been used include: sugaring, waxing, plucking, tweezing, electrolysis and shaving
- Contrary to common belief, shaving will not make the hair grow darker, thicker or more quickly
- If blood tests show elevated hormone levels, oral medications can be used to lower the hormones and reduces facial hair
- Electrolysis may be used for hair removal
- Unfortunately electrolysis is, time consuming, tedious and often not practical to treat large areas such as the legs and back
- Lastly, the most effective form of long lasting hair reduction is Diode Laser Hair Removal
Which aesthetic procedures can be used for hair removal?
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- No, a referral is not necessary
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
Would you like to see a Video Demonstration?
- I am pleased to offer a new section on the website with video demonstrations of various procedures
- To watch a video-clip in which Dr. V talks about: